The following information is provided by Anthem.com:
Specialty Pharmacy Update: Upcoming Brand Change and Enhancements
We’re committed to helping make health care more affordable for our clients through the integration of medical and pharmacy benefits. In support of this, our parent company completed a deal in late 2009 to sell its NextRx pharmacy benefit management subsidiaries-including PrecisionRx Specialty Solutions (PRxSS), the specialty pharmacy- to Express Scripts, and subsequently entered into a contract with Express Scripts to provide certain operational and administrative support for our prescription drug plans. As a result, customers will gain the advantage of best-in-class programs from both organizations and integration of their medical and pharmacy benefits from leaders in their respective fields.
All members who obtain specialty medications from PRxSS will obtain them from CuraScript, the Express Scripts specialty pharmacy, after September 20, 2010. We will continue managing specialty pharmacy drug programs and will continue to provide a dedicated account service team. Members will keep their existing ID cards and numbers, Customer Service phone numbers, drug lists and benefit designs. However, specialty pharmacy members and website users will experience some changes upon migration.
What Isn’t Changing:
- CuraScript order processing times are very similar to the member experience with PRxSS. Rather than targeting a turnaround time, CuraScript targets a required patient delivery date.
- PRxSS will transfer to CuraScript any prescriptions that have remaining refills on active prescriptions less than one year old. The member will be able to place the refill orders online or by phone.
- Members taking specialty medications should continue to use the same phone number (800-870-6419) and e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) they use today.
- All customer service hours remain the same.
- Health plan-specific specialty drug lists remain the same.
What Is Changing:
- Existing specialty pharmacy customers may notice changes to the automated phone system.
- The color and layout of paperwork in order packages from CuraScript will differ from what PRxSS used.
- Customers may notice that their prescriptions are being filled at any of the three main CuraScript facilities (Indianapolis, Ind; Orlando, Fla; New Castle, Del), but prescriptions could also be filled by other, smaller CuraScript facilities.
- CuraScript will be the brand on all specialty pharmacy packages, label names and practice of pharmacy communication.
- CuraScript will offer its CareLogic clinical programs to transitioning PRxSS patients; these programs include those that PRxSS offers today.
Members may access their health plan’s website for specialty pharmacy information and online tools. If they currently access their health plan information online, they can now review their specialty pharmacy information as well. After September 20, when they view their pharmacy information online, they will be re-directed to the Express Scripts website and may be asked to provide registration information. This information will be used to manage their pharmacy benefits and preferences for communication and privacy.
Members will be able to use many of the web enhancements listed below to help them better manage their specialty medications:
- Review up to 18 months of prescription history
- Schedule refills for certain specialty medications (some medications require the patient to call)
- See when orders have shipped or are processing
- Choose from a variety of payment methods
- Set required delivery date for specialty medications
- Order supply kits, if needed
- View specialty and home delivery medications, if applicable, filled by Express Scripts on the same web page
The PRxSS website, precisionrxspecialtysolutions.com, will be retired after September 20, 2010. Those who visit the site after that date will be re-directed to curascript.com.
Current PRxSS customers will be sent mailings, which include a Frequently Asked Questions document, beginning September 3.
If you have any questions, please contact your account representative.